Saturday, July 22, 2017

Packing Memories

Packing away memories,
wrapped in paper,
in a box.

Symbols of a happier time,
awakens feelings,
as my heart knocks,
around in my chest.

The panic rising,
tears pushing locks,
I have placed on the pain.

My disdain,
for breaking down mental blocks.

Tears pressing behind eyes,
like burning waves,
crashing against rocks.

Must keep anxiety at bay,
hold panic prisoner,
in emotional stocks.

So I have a drink,
and pack up feelings,
and memories in a box.



[Photo credit: Unknown. Not my own]

**Wrote this four years ago after packing up wedding glasses & figurines, taking apart the cake-topper & centerpiece and taking down wedding pictures. Fought off a panic attack all night but battled depression for a few days. Never actually had the drink. True story.

No comments:

Post a Comment