Saturday, August 11, 2018

Flickering Futures

I don't know what the future holds.

Every time I think I see a direction, the picture changes.

The path goes dark and a different one appears just out of reach so that I have to jump to get there, or leap on faith into the darkness hiding my original path.

The picture of my future flickers like the faulty florescent light in my kitchen.

Can't poke at my future like I do with the broom to the wanky light.

I have to climb the ladder by the dim light trickling in to see my way and reilluminate my view.

Do I follow the flickering lights or trust the darkness...

Oddly enough, I know what's on those dark paths since I've seen them before and the newly lit seem more terrifying.

That unknown.

Can I trust, like the blind man who keeps his house just so, that things weren't moved into my path?

Can I anticipate it if it was?

How do I find my way with senses dulled by anxiety?

But I can't stand idly in the dark, waiting for the future to shine a spotlight on me.

I have to forge my way.

Ever forward, path be damned.

I've been stumbling along so far; what's a few more trips?

No comments:

Post a Comment