Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother's Day at the Beach

Spent the morning in contemplation of God, and upon entering a perfectly beautiful day, I had to stay out in it. Since I had my kids for a rare weekend, I packed everyone up and hit the marina... Amazing... My little girl played in the sand while my boy climbed the playground like Spider-Monkey... The sunshine, the warm breeze, the crashing waves against the pier...couldn't ask for more except maybe someone to cuddle up on the blanket with or to hold my hand as we walked the sand and boardwalk... *sigh*... Alas, a mother must do it all herself, by herself, even accompanying one's self. But it was still soothing for the soul...at least until the girl child decided she wanted to run the beach and climb the seawall...then trying to wrangle the boy from among the other rugrats running about and drag the girl kicking and screaming while trying to put away the blanket and hold the bags and not let her escape into the sea or what have you... ugh. Relaxation never lasts long while the children are about. Guess I should be thankful for small blessings... my princess sitting on the blanket's edge digging in the sand for a decent stretch... no one stealing our things... sharing Starbursts... Besides the lil chick who had the audacity to ask for money for candy, which amazed me so much and put me on the spot that I actually gave it to her; most of the little urchins around were relatively sweet. An interesting day, to be sure... The beach was beautiful though... must go back soon...preferably without the fruitage of my loins.

No comments:

Post a Comment